6 Hacks To Make Your Laundry Smell Amazing
After laundry piles up, it tends to smell like it’s been sitting in a dirty hamper for weeks, and nothing you do seems to make it smell better. But we have compiled a few tips that will have your clothes smell even more amazing than the first time you bought them! Lets dig in.
1) Try putting a few spoons of baking soda in with the dirty clothes before running them through the washer. The baking soda is a highly absorbent chemical, which means it will soak up all those pesky and uninviting odors before they can escape into the air.
2) Add a cup of regular vinegar to your cycle as well. This natural acid is great at getting eliminating even more odor-causing bacteria on clothing by destroying protein bonds and other chemical reactions that lead to bad smells.
3) Make sure to clean the inside of your washing machine regularly. Remains of detergent can build up, leading to an unpleasant smell in your laundry.
4) For a long-term solution, odor neutralizers can be placed in your washing machine, such as the Woolzies Dryer Balls. These balls are also made with baking soda, and they work to absorb all of those nasty smells before they have a chance to escape into the fibers of your clothing!
5) If you own an air purifier, keep it in your laundry room or anywhere else where you use a lot of water to help remove all those nasty particles that cause the build-up of odor in the first place.
6) For a more traditional approach, try drying your clothes naturally outside on a clothes line. Air circulation will help to remove any trapped odors, and sunlight greatly helps diminish odor-causing bacteria!