6 Healthy Morning Habits To Start Your Day Off Right
It’s morning time. You’re feet are throbbing and you’re exhausted, but you need to get things done and be efficient! How can you streamline your morning routine for maximum productivity? Here are 7 habits that will help start your day off on the right foot.
1) Sleep early and get up at the same time every day. Getting adequate amounts of sleep and maintaining a consistent ‘wake-up’ time can help regulate your body’s natural rhythm, improve memory, reduce stress levels, and manage weight or diabetes.
2) Eat a protein-rich breakfast that contains eggs. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it kick starts digestion and metabolism for optimal functioning. Start with eggs for a healthy punch of protein.
3) Create a to-do list. Make a to-do list at the beginning of each morning that sets up you need to accomplish during that day.
4) Proactive mindset. This is what you need to start with. Create a positive mindset for the day by focusing on what you want to accomplish rather than what you you find negative or annoying.
5) Spend some time with yourself. This means taking time out of your day to think about what you want your day to look like and all the positive things you want to happen. What does your perfect morning look like?
6) Exercise every day or 5 times a week. Exercise boosts endorphins and healthy brain chemicals to make you feel great. It also strengthens your heart, improves balance, and makes it easier for muscles to recover.
Now that you have some idea for what it take to commit to a healthy morning routine, it’s time to get started. Choose at least one activity from each of these categories and experiment until you find what works best for your lifestyle.