How To Live Easier In Cold ClimatesBy Shivam B
Winter is coming, and you know what that means – cold weather! While there are plenty of things to love about winter, such as sledding, building snowmen, or traveling to cold places, there are also few challenges that come along with it. It doesn’t take much for a day’s outing in the snow to turn into an absolute disaster if the temperature drops below freezing. Thankfully, we’ve compiled a simple list of useful hacks to help make a living in cold weather easier for you! If you are someone who struggles in the cold, keep reading.
- Dress in layers and avoid overdressing as not to sweat
- Wear a hat that completely covers your ears, a scarf, and gloves or mittens since we lose a lot of heat from these body parts
- Stay indoors during peak hours of sunshine to keep warm as much as possible. This includes utilizing the window shades (if you have them). Note: this is only an issue if you live in a place where the sun is shining for most hours of the day, like Alaska
- Avoid sitting and standing on cold surfaces where the cold can enter your body, such as ice or concrete.
- For a quick fix, try drinking a hot beverage during a cooler time of year
- To avoid catching pneumonia from being too cold all day long, keep some dry clothes at work to change into when you get there
- Keep a humidifier on in one room of your house (if possible) so that the air is moist at all times. Moisture helps with keeping your skin hydrated, which can prevent dry and cracked skin
Unfortunately, winter isn’t the best time to live in a place that known to be ridden with cold weather. But that doesn’t mean you can’t make it bearable!